Request, Transfer or Terminate Water Service
Residential customers starting water service must pay a non-refundable service initiation fee of $35 for guaranteed same day service or $25 for any day thereafter. Commercial customers must pay a cash deposit, post a bond, secure a certificate of deposit, or present a letter of credit before services can be initiated. The amount of the deposit is generally based on two months estimated usage.
A service transfer fee of $35 for guaranteed same day service or $25 for any day thereafter is charged to customers who transfer service to another location in the service area.
Customers wanting to terminate water service should call the Customer Services Center the day before service is to be discontinued. Callers will be given a confirmation number that should be kept until a final bill is received.
Metro Water Services Standard Terms of Service
- Water, sewerage, and stormwater services will be provided in accordance with the Metropolitan Code
of Laws and the rules, regulations and policies of Metro Water Services. Water and sewerage services
shall be paid for at the established schedules of rates, based on water consumption as registered by
customer’s water meter. Except as expressly stated in the Metropolitan Code of Laws, no adjustment
shall be made for leaks in customer’s water lines. Stormwater services shall be paid for at the
established schedule of rates, based on the amount of impervious square footage.
- Failure to pay for all services will result in discontinuation of water. Collection activity including
account submission to a collection agency and reporting to credit bureaus may occur and will result in
- Customer agrees to abide by all federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations and policies relating to
water and sewerage service.
- Customer agrees to keep meter accessible at all times. Failure to do so will result in additional fees.
- Customer waives any claim for damage caused by an interruption in water or sewerage service
resulting from accident, system shut-downs for repairs, alterations or improvements and
discontinuation of service for non-payment or violation of applicable laws, rules, regulations and
- Customer agrees to keep all plumbing on customer’s property in good operating condition and free
- Any customer discharging wastewater containing substances that damage the public sewer system
shall be liable for all costs incurred by the Metropolitan Government on account of such discharge,
including the costs of repairing the damage.
- Customer’s use of water, sewerage, or stormwater services shall constitute customer’s acceptance of
these terms of service.